these are our new designs tell us what you thinkContinue reading »
Nukleus Organic Wear wish you a Happy New Year from Sydney, Australia! We have some big plans for 2015! stay tuned regards Nukleus organic wear teamContinue reading »
Sometimes it’s hard to believe that a better world is possible. That business can really make a difference and that anything other than selfish motivations of personal gain are a reality in commerce.At Nukleus we are constantly striving to implement the values of justice, caring for the environment and improving living conditions. Which is whyContinue reading »
What is the most eco-friendly types of clothing. Please click here to continue reading ….Continue reading »
With many farmers yet to go organic, demand may soon exceed supply. Organic cotton demands may exceed supply (please click here to continue reading)Continue reading »
Green is the new Black as attitudes in the Eco Fashion Industry undergoes significant changes. The potentially lucrative business of Eco Fashion (please click here to continue reading)Continue reading »
So people always wonder what are organic cotton clothing exactly? This question appears in front of us in bold letters when we hear about activists going green with fashion. More so, with the recent Eco-fashion trends which are slowly gaining importance. Some might consider it a passing fad, but organic clothing is actually the key to a green and sustainable future.
Do you remember the fight against saying no to animal fur? Well, the need for saying no to synthetic fabric is quite similar. The idea is fairly new and most people are unaware of its benefits, the seeds have been sown nevertheless. Today, many environmental activists are raising high the banner for a greener society and Eco-friendly alternatives to manufacture clothes. And so here we are to support the cause and pave way for a “greener future”.
Let us explain what truly organic cotton clothing is…
Organic cotton clothing is manufactured from 100% organic cotton that is grown without the use of synthetic pesticides and other harmful fertilizers. This means clothes made from organic cotton are free from toxins and other chemicals. Moreover, organic cotton fabrics are colored using low impact dyes and other Eco-friendly materials, ensuring a clean and healthy environment.
Organic cotton does good to everyone:
- Power to the farmers:Organic cotton puts choices in the farmer’s hands. It allows them to use low external inputs to work within their limits and with their environment. Organic cotton does not use Genetically Modified Seeds (GMO) that requires large investment and also comes with a high risk of uncertainty. This ensures more control in farmers’ hand than the GM companies.
- Pesticides free:Up To 72 million cotton workers suffer poisoning from pesticides each year. Not using dangerous pesticides protects farmers’ lives, soil and the environment.
- Saves up water:Organic farming practices create healthy soils which make better use of water inputs and are more resilient in drought conditions. By eliminating the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, farmers ensure waterways are safe and clean thereby not polluting precious water resources.
- Helps combat climate change:Organic cotton production uses lesser energy resources and healthy organic soils stores more carbon that helps in 94% lesser greenhouse gas emissions.
- Fair prices for farmers: Using fair trade principles, organic cotton farmers are paid a fair price for their produce preventing them from being cheated by the middlemen. Farmers also gets a premium over conventional cotton.
Sustainable Fashion: Organic Cotton Rozie Apps Permaculture provides solutions to sustainable living (please click here for rest of article)Continue reading »